Supply chain management best practices was published by Wiley in April, 2010.
This new edition shows you how to build supply chains that work by illustrating how leading companies are doing it. Identifying world-class supply chains in more than a dozen different industries and explaining in detail how these companies got to where they are, this essential book reveals the proven strategies, solutions, and performance metrics used by leading companies to design their extended enterprises.
* Identifies proven strategies, solutions, and performance metrics for supply chain management best practice benchmarks
* Shows how to manage supply chains in a global marketplace and how to choose third-party providers
* New edition includes new chapters on green supply chains and lean supply chains, and expanded analysis of emerging technologies
* Includes coverage of supply chain metrics, planning and forecasting, procurement, manufacturing, transportation, globalization, customer service, collaboration, security, and workforce management
* Written by the Editorial Director of Penton Media's Supply Chain Group and a Contributing Editor to IndustryWeek magazine
It also offers guidance on the latest technology, green supply chains, going lean, how to choose third-party logistics providers, and how to manage the supply chain in a global environment.